2015 was a year of growth and learning. I am a different and better person than I was 365 days ago.
Here’s 16 things I learned last year that will help me live better in 2016:
- I may feel lonely, but I am never alone in this world. There are more people rooting for me and praying for me than I ever imagined.
- I am a better person than I give myself credit for.
- Sometimes it’s good to hate yourself because it gives you a reason to become better.
- It’s scary to talk to people, but the friends are so worth it.
- You would be surprised at who you can forgive.
- It’s easier to eat healthy than you would think.
- Trials aren’t as hard when you know you’re loved.
- You don’t have to spend lots of time with friends to stay close to them.
- It’s okay to have horrible, no good, very bad days sometimes.
- When you think you’re being vulnerable and overly candid, it may not be as bad as you think.
- Christmas music is really okay to play before Thanksgiving.
- Therapy really can make a big difference.
- Sometimes you have to go back home to realize you already were home.
- I’m not the same person I used to be and things really are changing for me.
- Depression isn’t always a choice, but gratitude can be.
- It’s okay to be autistic.