This blog has been pretty depressing lately. I apologize for that and I hope it becomes happier and more hopeful in the coming weeks. To switch to a happier mood, I’ve decided to finally accept an award that’s been sitting in my draft posts for a few months.
I was nominated by Merryn at Humble Heart Scribbles here. Thank you for the nomination and sorry it took me so long to accept it.
1. What would you say are the three things which your closest friends have in common?
My closest friends are all incredibly amazing, but I guess that most people would say that of their friends. What makes them amazing to me is that they empathize with others, they always try to help, and they make me happy.
2. Describe a time in your life when you were sinking and a friend helped you up emotionally/ practically?
This is pretty much my entire life. But the one that came to mind first was a few years ago when I was struggling with suicidal thoughts and health issues. I had amazing roommates that were there for me when I really needed it and really didn’t deserve it.
3. What are your preferred love languages out of these 5 – (physical touch, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time)
Quality Time- I need quality time. It’s like my life force.
4. Tell us a pearl of wisdom which will help get us through a challenging time.
I have never had a trial that I wasn’t grateful for. Life is hard and times get tough, but they make you grow and that’s what makes life worth it.
5. What would you tell someone who struggles to find purpose in life?
Life isn’t about getting through it. It’s about getting into it. If you live life trying to get through the hard stuff, you miss living in the beautiful stuff. The purpose of life for me is becoming the best me that I can be and even though trials are hard, they make me better. So if you can become more beautiful in the hard stuff, I think you’ve found your purpose.
6. What is your favourite “pick me up” tune?
I guess it’s “I Get Knocked Down” by Chumbawamba. I haven’t really listened to anything other than Christian music in about 3 years so it’s hard to think of just a regular “pick me up” song.
7. If you only had one sentence left to say, what would you say?
I love you. (Seems kind of an obvious one, but if there’s one thing I want people to remember about me, it’s that I love them.)
8. What would you do if you could go on holidays for a whole year?
Travel the world to visit every person I’ve met online
9. What is the first thing people tend to notice about your character?
Probably that I’m quiet (which really isn’t very accurate once you get to know me)
10. What is your favourite thing you did this week?
Visited with my sister and her family
(I’m supposed to nominate people right here, but I haven’t really read many blogs in a really long time. And the blogs I do read are way out of my league to nominate. So… here’s my questions to anyone who reads this. And if you want to go ahead and accept the nomination on your blog, be my guest.)
1. What is one thing you would like to do better?
2. If you could get away with committing a crime, would you and what crime would you commit?
3. What is your favorite book and why?
4. Who is one person you wish you thanked more?
5. What would be your ideal vacation?
6. Who is your favorite person in the world and why?
7. What is one thing your parents did that you do now?
8. How long have you been blogging/ reading blogs?
9. What is your favorite instrument?
10. What is something you would say to your younger self if you had the chance?
Here are the rules for the award:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions they have given you.
Nominate ten people.
Make up ten new questions for them to answer.